What a disturbing sight, of Pat Burt, the bullying, polluting, white supremacist retread being seated on council and foisted as a vice mayor!
He should resign.
We should recall him.
He makes me gag.
The Weekly, for whatever reasons, omitted numerous faults about Pat’s campaign.
I appreciate Rebecca Eisenberg for having the guts to challenge Pat during her 2 minutes of dissent last night, by Zoom.
The Weekly continues to delete me and censor me when I try to post about Pat, or about anything.
What was the Muhammed Ali line about making medicine sick? Pat Burt makes the poo emoji look like the Taj Mahal.
I think I got through most points: 1 – Temperament – both on the campaign trail and during the 16 years that he already served in city government, I watched Pat Burt act disrespectfully, including smirks and even laughing at fellow candidates, mostly women and people of color, which I found disconcerting.
2. Pat Burt’s lack of integrity which was documented and described very well in the Grand Jury Report from several years ago, which found inappropriate actions. [GS of the PAW calls him a “centrist” but in reality he could not signal himself to be more friendly to power if he fluffed John Arrillaga on the 50 yard line during the Big Game–MW]
3. The perception that Pat Burt was entangled with a billionaire commercial developer with regard to pushing through a high rise commercial tower near Stanford
4. The fact that he spent his campaign criticizing his former colleagues which really reflected his inability to form a consensus. For example, he blames his inability to create a consensus on the business tax, despite having 16 years to get it done, on his colleagues, including several of you present.
5. The fact that for several commission appointment cycles, Pat Burt voted only for white men and did not vote for any minority member or woman at all despite even election pools that were minority female and minority.
6. His work as a chemical metal plater for 30 years where his company Acteron was listed by the EPA as one of the largest toxic polluters in the country, creating and dumping 11 tons of toxic waste into our local environment every year
7. And for the fact that Pat Burt, without disclosing conflict of interest, literally used the fact that one of his direct competitors in his same specific industry – metal plating – on the grounds that metal plating creates too much pollution…
What she said! (Meanwhile, I did tune in and then quickly texted two allies: Burt is a liar a bully and a polluter he should not be in leadership)
coda, Tuesday, January 12:
Gail Price, Rebecca Eisenberg and myself all called in to register dissent to the coup ousting Alison Cormack from VTA board nom, for Burt. You’ve been “burted”!