Here are the top 12 posts on “Plastic Alto”so far this year; put the name in search bar to find actual link.
1. Bjong Wolf Yeigh (candidate for Dartmouth presidency)
2. Lockhart Loo (Kent Lockhart, Australian basketball coach, and an upgrade to a playground near his childhood home; apparently U.S. Senator Ron Wyden, a former Paly basketball star, found this mention)
3. Meredith Valiando (a music industry functionary who appeared in a social media tv commercial)
4. Earthwise Presents Alden Van Buskirk event (in another mental universe of infinite…
5. Thurston Moore and Alden Van Buskirk (back in my days in advertising portfolio class, we called this “borrowed interest”; I found some link between a Thurston Moore song and AVB, but not sure what his fans think, if they find this post. I also think of AVB when I think of Eric Lindley pka Careful song)
6. Paul Cohen and Evan O’Dorney (math prodigies, one of whom went on to win Fields Prize and teach at Stanford for 30 plus years; this is still the top post all time as distinct from this list, which measures since Jan. 1)
7. “This is What Democracy Looks Like” and Occupy, unless these are all people looking for the singer Jim Bryan. It is actually more about Bindlestiff and PMSTA performance group than about the rally we saw after the show.
8. “Terry and I” (kind of a personal post, but references the artist Terry Acebo Davis — post has six pictures of Terry that I took with my cellphone and one of our dog)
9. Nina Simone, Lisa Fay Beatty (about my friend the recently deceased musician, but also references three other better known figures, and imagines them in heaven…)
10. Cadence Lee, a local high school wrestling sensation (and daughter of my classmate)
11. Yo Soy 132, a Mexican social media movement in opposition to the elected president.
12. Palo Alto New Varsity, about 456 University, a historic theatre and a campaign a quixotically called TLPW456, to try to impact
13. “Are you Ready for some PUEBLO?” one of probably 30 posts I have made about Santa Fe, New Mexico and the artists thereabouts and their works.