SF Jazz described as managing a $64m new building, producing 400 yearly shows on a $19m budget, has 17 open positions
This one is to be the right hand or the left foof Randall Kline:
This Artistic Administrator position will be principally responsible for assisting in booking the 400+ shows presented and produced by SFJAZZ. This position will be responsible for assisting in booking shows for Miner Auditorium, Joe Henderson Lab and off-site concert series. Administrator is responsible for handling and tracking all contracts and performance fees for the Artistic Department. This position will also be responsible for assisting in producing events such as the Poetry Festival, Resident Artistic Director week-long residencies, the New Year’s Eve concert and others as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Artistic Programming Duties
- Assist the Director of Artistic Programming and Associate Director of Artistic Programming in generating offers through Filemaker database and submitting to agents for all shows in Miner Auditorium, JHL, The Paramount, Herbst Theater, Davies Symphony Hall, and other venues as requested.
- Review and track all contracts and submit check requests for the Artistic department. Prepare and follow-through on performance fees for all SFJAZZ concerts.
- Book and negotiate artists for offsite/outdoor summer concert series. Manage and develop budgets for these shows.
- Work with Artistic team to improve and streamline booking, budgeting and tracking process.
- Assist in projects such as the NYE Concert, NEA Week, RAD weeks, special grants, etc., as assigned by the Director of Programming & Programming Manager
- Assist in organizing the SFJAZZ Collective’s calendar & budget, tour and residency activities and other projects as needed
- Manages payments for SFJAZZ Collective Members and contractors
- Act as appointed liaison to Marketing department, ensuring clear communication between teams. Oversees booking sheets and maintenance of shared files
- Ensure that contractual obligations for artists’ travel are met, working closely with Logistics Coordinator on air, hotels and ground transportation, as needed.
- Manage the visa process (when needed) of international artists.
- Other duties as assigned.
SFJAZZ is a dynamic organization that has been rapidly growing. Successful candidate for this position should have the ability to be flexible and have the enthusiasm to take on new tasks as they present themselves.
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal skills
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise and diplomacy
- Ability to take initiative and problem-solve, work independently and under pressure
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and follow-through
- Flexibility in dealing with changes and ambiguities
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic with great attitude
- Strong computer skills: proficient in Google Workspace and Microsoft Office Suite; working knowledge of FileMaker Pro and Tessitura or equivalent experience with similar databases
- Understanding of contracts, experience administering contracts a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the performing arts industry
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Please send your resume in .doc or .pdf format, cover letter to jobs [at] sfjazz [dot] org with “Artistic Administrator” in the Subject line. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
comes down to thus: