J.K. Dineen of the Chron has a story about a unicorn billion dollar start up buying vacation property in Napa and Sonoma but claiming to be PLUR.
He wrote me back a four word exegesis: diversity in the workforce ie if P- targets gays.
1) the name of the company falsely trades on the name of an unrelated great artist, other than if they are saying Cubism or collage are like fractional interests;
2) fractional interests tend to devalue property not increase it;
3) LLCs and limited partnerships are longtime tactics in buying commercial property, although you yield control to the GP. The GP as a venture-backed or publicly traded company would worsen the effect. Its a bad investment of $600,000.
4) inherent to any start up is the lie regarding creation of wealth; there is nothing about this idea that rationalizes the valuation;
5) its a pyramid scheme on two levels, stupid people bailing out smart money;
6) the private life or sexual orientation of Austin Allison is irrelevant.
Mark Weiss, founder of Plastic Alto blog, is a concert promoter and artist manager in Palo Alto, as Earthwise Productions, with background as journalist, advertising copywriter, book store returns desk, college radio producer, city council and commissions candidate, high school basketball player; he also sang in local choir, and fronts an Allen Ginsberg tribute Beat Hotel Rm 32