DiSuvero by moonlight meets misheard “Burnt Norton” by Eliot — post 46

Footfalls echo in the memory
Down the passage which we did not take
Towards the door we never opened
Into the rose-garden. My words echo
Thus, in your mind.

I do admit that I thought I heard

Disuvero by moonlight near Cantor museum, 8 p.m. Monday Dec. 20, 2010

“football” here.

I was also thinking about Mark Everett Oliver’s film about his father and parallel universe theory, and the two Dave Rayners (referenced below) and an article I started to read about Yvonne Rainer.

About markweiss86

Mark Weiss, founder of Plastic Alto blog, is a concert promoter and artist manager in Palo Alto, as Earthwise Productions, with background as journalist, advertising copywriter, book store returns desk, college radio producer, city council and commissions candidate, high school basketball player; he also sang in local choir, and fronts an Allen Ginsberg tribute Beat Hotel Rm 32
This entry was posted in art, sports, Uncategorized, words and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to DiSuvero by moonlight meets misheard “Burnt Norton” by Eliot — post 46

1. Mark Weiss says:

Stroke 9 is rock band that played my concert series at Cubberley “back in the day” and was recently featured on a Kevin Smith web site. It seems they used a Stroke 9 song in a Smith movie. As Luke says here, hey dude we just quoted T.S. Eliot, so we must know what’s up!?

2. Mark Weiss says:

Rebecca Wallace interviewed outgoing long-time museum head Tom Seligmann of Stanford’s Cantor Museum and he said something about the fact that he has two Di Suvero’s would preclude him from wanting another.

3. Mark Weiss says:

I met a singer-songwriter today and watching her gave me the idea of an Anglophile potential side-project (for her)(or, I guess for me as well) called Limey Down, as in, we are down with all things British. I didn’t much like David Wagner’s review of Decemberists show today in Chron — like the concert more than he did. White trash meets Book of Lords, “English on it” as in spin, early P.J. Harvey, as heard on Terry Gross yesterday, Benny Hill perhaps, more Yeats infection than British invasion, and of course Burnt Norton. Lion in Winter. Northern Soul. Skiffle. Ralph Williams. The song whose melody influenced “Star Spangled Banner” (‘to decoron’ or whatever) Tim Bluhm’s sea chanty collection. Spice Girls the movie. Nick Hornby. Etc. but not Austin Powers, more Ann Powers.

4. Mark Weiss says:

like April March but not French. Paula Fraser. King’s Speech. Repressed but with a whiff of “No Sex Please.”

5. Mark Weiss says:

A Carolingin mind-riff sent me barrelling into this Jay Faires podcast that is still relevant (for instance, mentions Arcade Fire):
    [audio src="http://podcast.apmmusic.com/35_APM_Film_TV_Music_Podcast_Jay_Faires.mp3" /]

Lion’s Gate, Lion in Winter, whatever.

6. Moshe Weiss says: